Drip irrigation systems have many benefits to farmers in Kenya, such as being environment friendly, cost effective, provide a higher success rate and promote healthier plants. Below are even more benefits that drip irrigation can bring to farmers in Kenya:
- Root Zone: Your plants need water at their roots, and a drip irrigation system combined with a timer enables you to provide the water your plants need and targets the root systems, saving you both water and money.
- Water Efficiency: When your plants need water, a drip irrigation system will provide that water with much less runoff or evaporation.
- Versatility: When you need the most versatile irrigation system available, you need a drip irrigation system that can adapt to any landscape and can be used for container small backyard farms, vegetable rows and even balconies for urban farmers in Nairobi. A drip irrigation system can grow with you as your farming needs grow and can be used anywhere in your farm.
- Conserves Earth’s Resources: It isn’t a surprise that as the Earth’s population increases, using less water is an absolute necessity. Without a drip irrigation system in place, most of the water you use in your garden will evaporate due to the November-December heat or be exposed to runoff and not reach your plants’ root systems. Drip irrigation uses less water and promotes lush plant growth offering our planet a beautiful and more abundant future.
- Savings: Drip irrigation saves water. With a properly installed drip irrigation system, you could see up to a 50% reduction in annual water usage on your farm.
- Reduction of Pests & Weeds: Water that sits on top of the surface of your farm causes an increase in pests, weeds and fungal growth. A drip irrigation system directs the water at the root systems of your plants and effectively reduces pests, weeds and harmful fungal growth.