If there is a vegetable I can eat all day, every day then its
With so many agribusiness ideas online, it is often difficult to know which ideas are actually worth it and worth the trouble. Many farmers in Kenya are always worried about the problem of what kind of farming activity to do to earn a decent living from. Where do I start? What’s the cheapest crop to grow with less capital? What do I grow? Which crops fetch the most profit? Spend a few minutes to reading this article and it will give you the motivation to grow one of the most underestimated vegetables in Kenya and earn an honest living from it. Managu.
The following are the health benefits of
- Beta-carotene: Extemmely high
- Vitamin E: Medium
- Folic Acid: Medium to high
- Ascorbic Acid: High to extremely high
- Calcium: Medium
- Iron: Medium
- Protein: 2.0%-4.0%
There are many factors that
Assuming all those factors are met, you can get a yield between 300 Kg- 500 Kg of
1 kg of
- Chemicals (Foliar, Pesticides and Fungicides)
- Farm Equipment (Irrigation, General Tools)
- Salaries/ Wages
Market prices are not fixed and can change depending on the weather and season. This should not discourage you because you can decide to sell your M
- Wholesale: Signing supply contracts of Managu with supermarkets and large retail stores.
- Restaurants: Delivering your Managu to restaurants and hotels. This a profitable approach and most reliable because people eat food every day. You need to be consistent and reliable when dealing with restaurant lest you lose the supply deal to other players.
- Farm Gate: This means selling products straight from the farm. The main people who buy produce from the farm are brokers so be ready to bargain well with them.
So, what is the conclusion?