StartUpAfrica in conjunction with its sponsor, Ms. Nancy Mwirotsi, a Nandi County Diaspora member based in the USA, is proud to announce the 1st Annual StartUpAfrica Nandi County Pitch Competition for Nandi County-based startup entrepreneurs to identify innovative solutions for the agriculture sector in Nandi. Entrants gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while using the comprehensive small business resources available at the County and National level.
The expected outcome of the Pitch is to select winning solutions that can lead to new products, programs, projects and processes by youth Agripreneurs that can be implemented in the County.
PITCH AREAS OF FOCUS:
This call for proposals is open to individuals or teams who wish to submit innovative ideas in any of the following 2 areas of Agribusiness:
- Innovations in ICT for Agriculture and Agri-business
- Agricultural production, storage, processing and distribution solutions
The StartUpAfrica Pitch Competition is open to all Kenyan youth between the ages of 18 – 35.
- A short-list of 25 agripreneurs will be selected from the online submissions and will be invited to a pre-Forum boot camp for coaching and pitching on January 19, 2018 in Nandi County.
- Staff from partner organizations are excluded from submitting business concept proposals.
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Proposals should not exceed 1000 Words.
- The submission must be in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font.
- All cited information must be referenced.
- The submission should be in PDF or Microsoft Word format in English.
STRUCTURE OF PROPOSALS
- Title Page – Name (s) of contributors, Title of the proposal
- Problem formulation – which challenges, existing gaps, existing opportunities is the proposal addressing?
- Description of the solution.
- Unique positioning of the solution vis a vis similar solutions. What is the added value?
- Potential risks and challenges.
- Additional information.
SUBMISSION OF THE PROPOSAL
- Register your team (minimum 2 and maximum 4 members) by
- Submit your concepts/proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the following format for your submission <TEAMNAME_CONCEPT TITLE>.
- Deadline for Submission: January 26, 2018 at midnight EAT.
Registration: Teams Complete online registration January 20, 2018
Teams must consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 people and register before 5p.m. EAT
Submission of Concepts: Concepts Received by email January 26, 2018, 5p.m. EAT
Notification of Selection and Invitation to Boot Camp February 2, 2018
Successful applicants will be notified of the short-listing of their concepts and invited to a pre-Forum boot-camp in Nandi County.
Pre-Pitch Bootcamp (tentative) February 18, 2018
Coaching, pitching and awards in Nandi County.
StartUpAfrica Nandi Pitch Competition & Awards February 19, 2018
Successful applicants will be notified on February 2, 2018 about the selection of their proposals.