Fall army worms are a menace. Maize farmers in Kenya are not sleeping in fear of the losses the army worms are inflicting on their farms. KALRO (Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organisation) has recommended the following chemicals to curb this threat:
- Acephate (e.g. Orthene Pellet)
- Abamectin + Chlorantraniliprole (e.g. Voliam Targo 063 SC)
- Chlorantraniliprole (e.g. Coragen 20SC)
- Lufenuron (e.g. Match 50EC)
- Emamectin benzoate (e.g. Prove 1.92EC)
- Pyriproxyfen (e.g. Profen 10.8EC)
The following chemicals can be purchased from Twiga Chemicals, Orbit Chemical Industries and Coopers. Please ensure you only buy from certified chemical sellers.