Farming Starts Here
Requirements needed to export Horticultural Crops in Kenya
You need to have the following documents:-
A. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of certificate of Business Registration from the Registrar of Companies.
- Copy of the company’s KRA Pin
- An adequate knowledge of quality standards for horticultural produce on the market.
- Documentary evidence from your overseas client, e.g a letter, fax or email that you are ready to start an export business.
- Photocopies of IDs for all the Directors. A photocopy of passport and work permit if a Director or Director are foreigners.
- Forms to be submitted typewritten. (Download from the website- Download Form 1 A and Form 1 B)
- Company stamp and Authorized signatory of applicants in the forms.
- Export Licence fee Ksh.5,000/- for 1 year and Cess Deposit of Ksh.5,000/-
B. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Farm Inspection Report.
- Pack House Inspection Report.
- PS Form (Farmer Details). (Download from the website)
- Buyer- Produce Contracts- witnessed by HCD officer.
- Inspection Report on Transport Facility.
- Seed Purchase Receipts (For Peas and Beans).
- Demonstrate Traceability System (Farm to Pack House).
Am doing French beans farming at kabati on medium scale and supplying local exporters whom i feel their offer is relatively low. Kindly by any chance can you get me a potential buyer from a broad.
Contact COMESA CROSS BORDER TRADERS ASSOCIATION IN BUSIA. + 254 721 261514
WhatsApp me +254724320351
Am a Ugandan and very much interested in learning horticulture from Kenya but have no idea which institutions to approach. At least for 1week training. Currently i have soft lettuce-red in nursery bed.
Contact BUSIA KENYA CROSS BORDER TRADERS ASSOCIATIONS asap. A work shop of horticulture exporters coming up soon
I would like to plant horseradish in Kenya is it available here ama i have to get it abroad. Also brussels sprouts where can i get them.
i kindly have been searching for HCDA licence forms to download with no avail.
how much capital does one need considering you have a pickup and your own farm….(capital required for the packhouse and export expenses)
My name is Mugambi. I wish to start exporting onions, carrots and peas, which are the best international markets you would recommend… I am also looking for a partner interested in the business.
haron mugambi… i think we need to communicate
email me via email@example.com
Hello am a farmer from makueni and would like to venture into international markets of onions,garlic and capsicum. I need help on getting the market and how to export the produce from here in Kenya.
Hey mugambi did I uu got the partner?
My name is joseph.i need supply of bullet chillies and long ravaya in pretty big volumes. Preferably an audited farm by KEPHIS inspectors for Export.
If its a new crop get to me ill help you procure an audit.
AM a student from egerton university looking for a internship after complition of my degree in horticulture next yr may before graduation..can you help mi